Friday, September 7, 2012

I Am Alive 2012

As far as survival games go, I Am Alive is a fresh new take on the genre. The story, the look the feel and design are all pretty decent. I can't give a full on review because I only played the demo, but from what I played of that it looks as though the full game is worth a look.
The graphics are clean and crisp, but at the same time they leave you a bit disoriented. Honestly most of the survival games of this kind usually are dark and creepy, but this game so far seems pretty dusty. You can almost feel the grime on Adam (the hero) as he moves about the city. I can't wait to see how ubisoft (the developer) pushes the consoles. Also like another ubisoft title, Prince of Persia, there is plenty of running and jumping and but thing about this game that is different from similar title like uncharted that does the same, is that there is cardio, stamina and such that is hurt. Your stamina meter is just as important as your health.
The fight scenes Are not as exciting as I expected but to add a bit of realism, you kinda have to be smart about how you deal with people. There don't seem to be any monsters or mutants that attacked during what seemed like a global earth quake, but other survivors who want what you want and thats to live. But you always have the option of fighting, walking away, or getting the drop on someone to take their stuff (although I don't think the last one is encouraged.) now some people are aggressive and you can intimidate them with your gun and get them to back off. Or wait until they are close enough and take them out. Lastly so far the story seems just as solid. As Adam you are searching the city looking for your wife and daughter. When the event happened, you were far away and it took you a year to get to where the story begins. A perfect jus ping in point. I personally was impressed with what I saw. So will you be risking life and limb playing Alive? Peace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment